Hello Sunsetters (we just made that up, can you tell?),
We are excited to bring you big news today. First up, Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines campaign add-on is now available! Yes, we know it’s April Fools’ Day. No, this is not a prank. You can purchase this by itself or get the Season Pass and get BOTH the Mystery of the Mooil Rig AND Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines, as well as, the Weapons Pack at a discount.
Man vs. Machine: The savage battle that’s been raging on for billions of years enters its latest bout in Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines. A rescue mission to save Sam’s old mentors from the Fizzco Robotics Factory quickly turns into an all-out assault to counter-hack and dismantle Fizzco defenses. Don’t worry. For you, hacking equates to pulling triggers and laying waste to a bevy of upgraded Fizzco bots. Everyone has their strengths!
Featuring an all new story, weapons, traps, Amps, enemies, clothing, gameplay mechanics, and a massive new area to explore – Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines is a techtonic addition to the Sunset Overdrive universe.
As an added bonus, we’re celebrating April Fools’ Day the only way Fizzie would – with the release of new achievements for ALL players. The “Worst Job in the Kingdom” achievement is unlocked by replaying and completing the “Floating Garbage” mission within par time (15 minutes) for a whopping 200 Gamerscore! There’s also the “Fizzie Says April Fools!” achievement. Complete them, and see what happens. Let the pranks begin!
Sunset Overdrive is now $39.99**!
For those of you who haven’t picked up Sunset yet, that is ok, we won’t judge, but now is your perfect chance! Sunset Overdrive is now (and will be moving forward) only $39.99! Grab it today via your favorite retailer or download directly from Xbox Live. Be sure to grab the Season Pass too which includes all the additional content for only $19.99.
**$39.99 is only in effect in the US. If you’re outside of the US prices may be different.
With the new add-on comes some bug fixes and improvements. We want to let you know what is getting fixed. We apologize if any of these have prevented you from fully enjoying the game.
So here you go and we hope to see you all online foolin’ around in Chaos Squad.
- Fixed a bug with Game DVR where the clip is recorded to the wrong profile after switching accounts via the Xbox Dashboard.
- Fixed a bug where a Game DVR clip would be recorded when the player has failed a challenge but reached a high score during the failed attempt.
- Fixed a bug where Game DVR would record a clip when Night Defense was successful even though the player did not reach a new high score.
- Fixed a bug where bombs from the Shield Buddy could potentially get trapped in a nearby player’s shield.
- Fixed a bug where some UI elements would not appear in-game when multiple Xbox accounts are signed in.
- Fixed a bug where the poster credits sequence would not be visually displayed, but audio could be heard in the background.
- Fixed a bug where the piranha’s in the “Suddenly Piranhas” amp could potentially fall through the world when they spawn in.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when quickly accessing the weapon wheel after respawning with a loading screen.
- Fixed a bug where the player could potentially have a blank trap screen and not be able to edit their trap loadout.
- Fixed a bug where the D-pad trap selection UI and various POI are missing from HUD when a secondary profile is signed in before launching.
- Fixed a bug where not enough Fizzco enemies would spawn during the “Awesomesmithing” mission if the Chance of Lightning amp kills enough of the Fizzco enemies.
- Fixed a bug where the failed screen would continue to appear after reloading the last checkpoint in the “Find 4Kim” mission.
- Fixed a bug where the failed screen would continue to appear after reloading the last checkpoint if the player fails to keep up with the train in the “Help a Hobo” quest.
- Fixed a bug in the “Excalamune” challenge where it will not end if the Spawner is killed before the Herker.
- Fixed a bug in the “Episode 4 – Buck Stops Here” challenge where the player would be taken to their primary mission location instead of the actual challenge location.
- Fixed a typo in one of the intro images for “Fizzco Ambush” mission in Chaos Squad.
- Fixed a bug where some Chaos Squad missions could potentially be assigned as active in the Campaign.
- Fixed a bug where a client would be unable to pick-up the battery after being killed by the battery in the “Power Up” mission in Chaos Squad.
- Fixed a bug where the 4th and 5th spinners for the Chaos Squad rewards would no longer appear once the player has earned all the amps and vanity rewards.
- Fixed a bug in Chaos Squad where the player could potentially lose their weapon loadout during the “The Floor is Lava”.
- Fixed a bug where the last outfit purchased with Calista could still be displayed as purchasable.
- Fixed a potential bug where vanity items owned could be shown as available to buy with Calista if an Insomniac Set was purchased but not equipped.
- Fixed a bug where the Dev Shirt could potentially disappear from the players inventory.