The cover has been lifted off Fuse and below is what people around the web are saying! On top of that head over to the PS Blog for Fuse Creative Director Brian Algeier’s official post.
We also wanted to share some feedback from a group of fans we brought in to play the game last week. Check out what they have to say and ask them questions here: http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/showthread.php?49448-Fuse-Q-amp-A!/
Finally, be sure to check out GT.TV with Geoff Keighley on Spike TV September 13th at 10 p.m. PDT. They have an exclusive look at the first ever Fuse raw gameplay footage.
- IGN: “After a full year of wondering what went wrong with Overstrike to cause such silence from EA and Insomniac, the new direction with Fuse proves there was never anything to worry about.” http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/12/fuse-adapt-or-die-cooperate-and-conquer
- Gamespot: “There are so many people focused on what Fuse isn’t, when what it ishappens to be pretty damn fun.” “It’s a good thing, too, because Fuse looks great with its brand-new engine driving all the action. This is a game that deserves a distinct personality, and it doesn’t seem that Insomniac has forgotten that personality is something it does quite well.” http://www.gamespot.com/overstrike/previews/insomniac-shows-what-it-does-best-with-fuse-6396308/
- Shack News: “Fuse represents a potentially large jump forward for shooters. It features a brand new engine that allows the game’s programmers and artists to update assets much quicker than they could in the past, while allowing players to take full control of characters at all times, rather than find themselves stuck in certain animations.” http://www.shacknews.com/article/75716/fuse-preview-overstrike-reborn
- G4: “…that core four-player co-op experience looks to be very much intact… I wasn’t sure what to expect going in, but color me genuinely intrigued to see more of Fuse…” http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65390/fuse/articles/78249/fuse-hands-on-preview-overstrike-gets-an-overhaul/
- Official Playstation Magazine UK: “Having played I can definitely vouch for the gameplay. It’s good shooty fun and the co-op interplay works well with alternate routes and interactions that can can split the team up or provide a choice of tactics. However, as a new IP that has to prove itself, it does feel like one good trailer could make all the difference between a mass market breakout hit, or gamers’ cult favorite.” http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/09/12/fuse-preview-less-is-more-for-insomniacs-new-shooter/
- Kotaku: “Fuse looks like all of the inventive weapon ideas that Insomniac is known for wrapped around a design that encourages co-operation and creativity.” http://kotaku.com/5942538/the-resistance-people-are-making-a-new-shooter-this-one-should-be-better
- OXM: “Combine all that with silky controls, a story that has you chasing Raven around the globe, and Insomniac’s usual mix of satirical humor and sadistically silly weapons, and it seems like they might have a co-op shooter you’ll actually want to play with your friends.” http://www.oxmonline.com/preview-first-look-insomniacs-new-co-op-shooter-fuse
- The Gamer Access: “… the cover system for Fuse is implemented extremely well and avoids the “sticky” feel that franchises such as Gears of War suffer from.” http://www.thegameraccess.com/previews/multiplatform/insomniac-s-overstrike-lethally-morphs-into-fuse
- Gaming Nexus: “…but this first preview showed off what their strong pedigree is known for, some crazy imaginative weapons, and a whole lot of fun.” http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Fuse/Item3650.aspx
- Gaming Trend: “…the iconic, explosive weaponry, vibrant, colorful environments, and interesting and well-made stories and experiences fans love all look to be present and accounted for.” http://gamingtrend.com/2012/09/12/overstrike-is-now-fuse-and-it-looks-awesome/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0
- Destructoid: “I can’t help but feel cautiously optimistic here.” http://www.destructoid.com/preview-your-first-look-at-insomniac-s-fuse-234807.phtml
- Joystiq: “They certainly aren’t exactly the same as the characters we say in last year’s trailer, but Insomniac is standing behind these tweaks, and hopefully the game will be the better for them when it arrives next year.” http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/12/meet-the-new-familiar-faces-of-fuses-overstrike-9-team/
- The Escapist: “The gameplay is certainly there, but I for one wish they hadn’t turned away from the charm initially presented. If Insomniac can find ways to breathe some of that life back in, then Fuse will be worth keeping an eye on.” http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9916-Overstrike-Becomes-Fuse.2