Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    Disagree, the movie did bad because nobody ever heard of it. I STILL bump into people who had no idea the movie even existed.
    I've run into gamers who've never heard of ratchet and clank. I've also heard that it didn't do well because it came out the same month as zootopia, a disney film, and disney is more familiar to people and is known for family films. So, when people where deciding on which film to watch, they bet on disney.

Because Zootopia's a much better film

Quote Originally Posted by weasel188900 View Post
    Because Zootopia's a much better film
    And it had a huge marketing campaing... I mean in Greece I barely saw the trailer for the R&C two times only in "Nickelodeon Greece" and no other channel. And this channel is not accessible in the whole country. If the movie had barely any marketing it would at least had a big enough box office in order to not be considered a flop.

That Zootopia sloth scene playing before episode 7 of Star Wars was way more effective marketing than anything R&C had. R&C likely would have done bad whether it was a good movie or not.
    Last edited by icyflamez96; 19-Jan, 2017 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icyflamez96 View Post
    That Zootopia sloth scene playing before episode 7 of Star Wars was way more effective marketing than anything R&C had. R&C likely would have done bad whether it was a good movie or not.
    Yeah but many low-budget movies that did poorly eventually get their money back if people are told it's woth their time to go see it. I know I would've seen it in the cinema if the clips from the game and reviews were good and didn't make the movie sound like one of the most cringe inducing movies to watch at the cinema. I'm sure many movie youtuber fans would also have seen it if it got positive reviews from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Moustache View Post
    Yeah but many low-budget movies that did poorly eventually get their money back if people are told it's woth their time to go see it. I know I would've seen it in the cinema if the clips from the game and reviews were good and didn't make the movie sound like one of the most cringe inducing movies to watch at the cinema. I'm sure many movie youtuber fans would also have seen it if it got positive reviews from them.
    I think the reviewers are the problem. The reviews, which can be done by anyone with a web cam, a computer, and a youtube account, said the movie was bad because it wasn't like some other good movie.

I honestly don't think the movie was good. Not bad, but certainly not good enough to recommend outside of a quick glance on Netflix, and this is coming from a fan since 2002. They should've put more into it; there was no high points and no low points but the tone was a bit too light and lacked in terms of action, depth, and severity. Yea they had fanservice but they were appealing to kids and trying to have inspirational messages that would motivate children--which is odd when you consider the context of the series, but I don't think Zootopia has much to do with its lack of success. Word of mouth would've certainly boosted its presence, which would've happened if the film was good and those who saw it wanted others to see it. I honestly went to the theaters 3 times to see Zootopia, Ratchet and Batman v Superman within a short span so I doubt Zootopia was taking up revenue space for the movie, and with R&C's poor marketing compared to even Angry Birds there wasn't much enthusiasm for it.

If someone wants to go to the theaters more than once to see more than one movie they certainly would have either on their own, with friends or with family, and Zootopia's success guaranteed showtimes for over a month. But as for the tone of the series, I skipped FFA and jumped back in at Nexus; looking back at A4O I wouldn't really play it again even with friends--and I've tried--but the tone was definitely childish. Things like Suzie, that GLaDOS wannabe and her gold star system as well as Mr. Dinkles was cringeworthy then. Nexus felt more in line with the R&C I like, and I didn't mind the tone of the PS4 game overall. The mayor on Novalis trying to contact the Blarg and Drek's personality in general were annoying though; there's a balance between funny and corny that can be met but it wasn't reached in those cases.
    Back from a 5 year dirt nap.