Lightbulb Edge of Nowhere - bugg in the game

Hi,

I am new to this community and recently bought a oculus rift consumer version. I have been playing Edge of Nowhere game lately and I really like it. However recently, I notice I can't select my shotgun from my weapons menu. In tunnels when dealing with monsters I have to rely on throwing rocks to distract the enemy before going to the next part of the game. I can see that I am carrying a shotgun on my back loaded with 8 rounds but no matter what key I press to select my shotgun it doesn't work. The only available "so called" weapon that I have are rocks.

Any suggestions?!? anyone knows if this is a bugg in the game or maybe my graphic card's settings?

You are using a controller correct? You shouldn't have to select the shotgun. Just hit the Left Trigger to aim with it. Is that not working?
    Tim Salvitti - Internet Enthusiast - Insomniac Games

Quote Originally Posted by Vitti View Post
    You are using a controller correct? You shouldn't have to select the shotgun. Just hit the Left Trigger to aim with it. Is that not working?

Hi Vitti, yes I do have a controller. Its an xbox controller. I can select the rocks I pick from the ground but when I want to select the shotgun with the left trigger it doesn't select it. Let me know if need any details. This is very strange since it happened after awhile of me playing the game. I am almost to the end of the game.

Gun doesnt work, only picking up rocks

I have reinstalled the game, and uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics card driver but I can't shoot my gun. I even started a new game from the beginning and the first time at the bridge when you get a gun and someone is shooting at you I can't even use the gun there. This wasn't the issue when I started the game so I am not sure what caused this. I can see the gun on my back and can see it in the inventory but no matter what I do to pick it like pressing the left trigger it just doesn't work. any suggestions??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does your left trigger work with other games? Can you confirm that? Do you have all your drivers updated? Sounds like your trigger just isn't working.

I have the same problem

I have the exact same problem on two different installs on two different machines in two different cities. The X-Box trigger button on both installations works in the hardware test program and in other games.

The shotgun worked on the first installation early in the game at the bridge crossing. After that, nada. Can't hold it, aim it or shoot it. Same thing with installation #2.

Now I'm stuck at the giant bug with nothing but rocks, which can't blow up the dynamite stash. I can't advance to complete the game.

This is a real bug, not a hardware problem. Please address it ASAP.

Thank you.

The only VR feature that’s made extensive use of is head tracking, which is used for camera control, directing your flashlight in dark areas, and aiming your shotgun and thrown rocks. Most of that works well – especially the aiming, which feels about as accurate as a mouse, and much better than the gamepad you’re forced to use. The camera, on the other hand, makes going back the way you came for any reason (such as to pick up ammo or health you might’ve passed momentarily) an ordeal. You have to physically turn around in your seat to see where you’re going, which isn’t very convenient for what is otherwise a comfortable seated VR experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Starship Pilot View Post
    I have the exact same problem on two different installs on two different machines in two different cities. The X-Box trigger button on both installations works in the hardware test program and in other games.

The shotgun worked on the first installation early in the game at the bridge crossing. After that, nada. Can't hold it, aim it or shoot it. Same thing with installation #2.

Now I'm stuck at the giant bug with nothing but rocks, which can't blow up the dynamite stash. I can't advance to complete the game.

This is a real bug, not a hardware problem. Please address it ASAP.

Thank you.
    Apologies for the delay. Can you submit a ticket here? http://www.insomniacgames.com/about/contact-us/

We will likely need your save file. We can let you know where to find that once you submit a ticket.