Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R.Y.N.O. VII vs. Zodiac Mk. III - My serious arguments to why...

...each weapon could be in the game, but.. The Zodiac Mk. III is the better choice for this game.

I made a thread regarding the Zodiac and Morph weapon, but realise I didn't quite explain much about the Zodiac - and certainly not why I feel the Zodiac Mk. III would be the better choice.

For starters, it's obvious why the R.Y.N.O. VII would be the better choice. It's a part of classic Ratchet, it's something which people are excited for every time a new Ratchet & Clank comes out; "Will there be a R.Y.N.O.?" Even though it completely wrecks the balance of the game, it's something people associate with the game. I personally don't use it, as it's not really my kind of weapon - however, I like when it's crafted by blueprints, or like in A4O. Just buying it for x amount of bolts seem like a waste now a day. Next step for me would probably be that you had to find blueprints and some very specific parts in order to build a R.Y.N.O. I don't know, it's just the kind of weapon I feel should be one-of-a-kind, and crafting (and using) it is kind of at own risk. Would actually like if Ratchet put it together himself in a game.. He is a mechanic, and I feel lore-wise it would make sense if he by now could follow a blueprint and make his own weapon.

However, I don't feel this epilogue should have it. I prefer they keep it on hold till a PS4 game (if/when they make one), and make it even more special to obtain. Obtaining it in an abandoned, rumoured-to-be-haunted, sector? I just don't feel - because of the tone of the game - that a R.Y.N.O. should be in this sector..

But, I feel the Zodiac Mk. III could. Not much is told about the weapon in game, and I don't know how many experienced the original in Disruptor, but.. I can better see it fit into the overall theme (maybe have it charge with Nether Energy) - and seeing as it's a 3/4-length game ( being QFB/FFA, and 1 being ACiT), maybe it's also better with an ultimate weapon which is low on ammo - and then keep the R.Y.N.O. VII for the next full length game.

Of course, I don't really know much about the game - and they already decided which weapons go into the game and suuch.. It's just my opinion.

And I fully respect people likely disagree, seeing as the R.Y.N.O. is a part of the R&C games, the Zodiac isn't popular, and the last game didn't have a R.Y.N.O. either. I just feel the Zodiac can better fit into the sector.

I'm also fully aware Insomniac easily can get the R.Y.N.O. VII fit somehow, but... (and this might be slight bias as I feel this generation deserves a Zodiac), I just think it's better to wait till there's a full-sized R&C game, where they can improve on how the weapon is obtained.

Yeah~

Probably shouldn't start writing about the morph-weapon, seems like it would be even longer than this post... Heh.

I agree. A RYNO wouldn't quite fit the style of the game, unless the rockets looked like bats. The Zodiac, however, could actually be a great fit.

The Zodiac Mk. II is one of the most useless weapons ever, but if it's done right, it sure can kick some ass. Just look at the RY3NO V5, for example. It's much like an improved Zodiac, which I actually enjoyed using (unlike everyone else).
    If it takes some goods from both weapons, this could be the ultimate tool of destruction.

It could be done. But if it's not done already, I'm afraid it's too late.

Damn i wrote a big hell post, now i need to write again.
    Ill just make a short version.
    R.Y.N.O is a massive gun/missile launcher/watever, and it has a overpowered damage to many foes.
    I belive RYNO II is the most popular, RYNO4Ever was the secound i belive, i pretty like it, RY3NO was my favourite in some cincurmstances, it may resemble the Zodiac, but a really improved Zodiac, but i wouldn't call it RYNO, just my opinion.
    Zodiac is a clean TV weapon, which is overpowered has well, no further developments about this so called "Zodiac", but RY3NO *MAX may resemble it.

I choose Pikachu! Ups, i mean Zodiac, but cleaning the TV, maybe a shorter range while Level "Noobiew".
    I would like to see the R.Y.N.O VII, a protosuit? A bigger Gun? A wrench? A Frog? Who knows?! :-)
    Last edited by OReiTiagoCorreia; 15-Jul, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Who thinks that he looks better with hes mask?
    PSN:OReiTiagoCorreia

Quote Originally Posted by OReiTiagoCorreia View Post
    Damn i wrote a big hell post, now i need to write again.
    Ill just make a short version.
    R.Y.N.O is a massive gun/missile launcher/watever, and it has a overpowered damage to many foes.
    I belive RYNO II is the most popular, RYNO4Ever was the secound i belive, i pretty like it, RY3NO was my favourite in some cincurmstances, it may resemble the Zodiac, but a really improved Zodiac, but i wouldn't call it RYNO, just my opinion.
    Zodiac is a clean TV weapon, which is overpowered has well, no further developments about this so called "Zodiac", but RY3NO *MAX may resemble it.
    Give us the long version, I didn't quite get your point.

If they could improve the Zodiac I would be fine with that, but I could never use it in R&C 2
    Add Me On PSN: titans_rock1998

For thos who want to see the first one; Disruptor - Zodiac

The RYNO is supposed to wreck the balance of the game. I wouldn't say the RYNO in aCiT was overpowered though. I think they should save it for the next full blown game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit View Post
    For thos who want to see the first one; Disruptor - Zodiac
    Oh man did that take me waaaay back.

I N F I N I T E L O V E A N D E Q U A L I T Y
    PSN: SEGA8