Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault Help Thread

I'm thinking that everyone will post his/her problems in the future...
    So I made a tread to post all your problems here.

I'm going to buy the game around Christmas, so I can't help you.

Have fun.
    Check my game channel: PS3Gameplays4U

If you got any suggestions, just send me a message

1) Buy shields.
    2) Don't waste money during the first wave on offensive attacks unless you hold more than 5 or 6K bolts.
    3) Elite Demolitions.

Enjoy your new found path to victory.

Okay, the first time I tried to play split-screen, I had a problem. The following error occurred: "Sorry. Not able to play split-screen with your current resolution!"

I think this will occur to everyone who has a HD TV and the HD Collection. The thing is, when the trilogy first came out, everyone was told to force the system to 1080p. And that's the problem! Just let the system show 720p again, and split-screen will work fine!

Just helping other guys with that problem. If there is anyone :P

Also, Squad phase doesn't mean you have to immediately teleport to base. Stick around, destroy some enemies (preferrably, those guarding your opponent's nodes, so during the next Recon phase you can head back there and grab the enemy's node quickly), then teleport. (I like to give myself about 20 seconds inside my base, in case of 50-second Squad phases; gives me ample time to buy defenses, and even a few offenses, if I feel like it).

Edit: it turns out, I have a question of my own. How the hell do you beat the end of level 4? (You know the battle I'm talking about). I have my base as stacked up as it can be (with all weapon nodes taken, all enemies killed at least once, etc.) And yet I keep losing (maybe it's due to the sheer length of that battle). Any tips?
    (Hope I didn't spoil too much - feel free to correct me on that issue).
    Last edited by XyphonX; 28-Nov, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
    It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.
    -- college Calculus 2

doron-ou in the online multiplayer of R&C:UYA HD and R&C: Full Frontal Assault.

This question contains spoilers. if you dont wish to have parts of the storyline spoiled please beat the campaign before viewing this post

Spoiler: click to view question

on hidden city (snowstorm)
    completeing this missing without losing a generator is my medal i need to earn.

however i cant seem to do this.
    i have all weapons v3

i normally defend with warmonger turrents and freeze cannons

what types of mines should i use?

i also use my dopplegangers to hold off 1 side while i deal with the other.

i can keep all 6 alive until the very last wave (with the reformatting devive (LOL) charging where is a tank and a attack flying thing on both sides

i kill the tank on the right then the drone on the left.
    then the tank on left and the drone on the right both attack
    i cant kill both of them in time, 1 or the other destroys a generator...

Last edited by SwiftKitten; 28-Nov, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

I told you so...

Hey guys, I have a question regarding a level 2 skill point, I'm not spoiling the storyline but if you wanna be sure just don't read it.

Spoiler: Spoiler

I'm trying to get the hidden skill point which involves beating the developer's best time on the level. Their best time is 12:43 and I just managed to get 14:11 and I really don't see any way to improve my time by more than a couple of seconds. Any tips here? Or, did they play the level with 2 players? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Beast!; 28-Nov, 2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: fixed your spoiler

Thomas Dang
    The Rocket Launcher(forgot the real name) has the slowest reload time. To create the best damage effect, use weapon switching(which was also effective in UYA and Size Matters). For example, shoot once with Rocket Launcher, quickly switch to Plasma Bomb, shoot once with Plasma Bomb, quickly switch to Rocket Launcher, and repeat the process. The process is a little hard due to the potential of inaccuracy, but it can take out tanks pretty quickly if you have no Sonic Eruptor or Pyro Ammo. I don't know if the Rocket Launcher/Plasma Bomb combo is actually better than spamming the Sonic Eruptor or Pyro, so I'll try to test that after I beat the campaign. I also need to level up my Rocket Launcher to level 3 in order to get accurate results(since my other weapons are level 3). Or at least, test it in the online mode.
    Last edited by Thomas Dang; 28-Nov, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XaRPiuS View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question regarding a level 2 skill point, I'm not spoiling the storyline but if you wanna be sure just don't read it.

Spoiler: Spoiler

I'm trying to get the hidden skill point which involves beating the developer's best time on the level. Their best time is 12:43 and I just managed to get 14:11 and I really don't see any way to improve my time by more than a couple of seconds. Any tips here? Or, did they play the level with 2 players? Thanks in advance.
    All of the dev challenge times were done in singleplayer and aren't even close to the real times that the person who got them can achieve.

Maybe after the game has been out for a while I'll post our real fastest times for each of the levels.

A few tips:
    I wouldn't go after the Dev Challenge times until you've gotten all of the medals so you get the fastest hoverboots and your weapons are leveled up.

Figure out the least you have to do to complete the level but still have enough to defend your base.

Remember that you don't have to defend all of the generators to get the time, you just have to beat the level, so if it means sacrificing a generator for a faster time...

Good luck!
    Last edited by Beast!; 28-Nov, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Insomniac Games - North Carolina - QA Lead

can anyone help me with my issue? what exactly do i need to do to beat what i listed? i have failed 3 times in a row and each time takes like a half hour.

I told you so...

Quote Originally Posted by Furry Fury View Post
    can anyone help me with my issue? what exactly do i need to do to beat what i listed? i have failed 3 times in a row and each time takes like a half hour.
    The groovitron and groovitron mines will help a lot in that fight. Be sure to use them and don't wait until the enemies go out into the lanes, go out and kill them near where they start if you can. It's a tough fight.

Insomniac Games - North Carolina - QA Lead