Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The next big game

After 10 years of Ratchet & Clank, Insomniac has made so many great games! And we need more! Here is my idea of how the next big Ratchet game would be:

Platform: PS4 - The next big game should be for the next big console, right?

Camera: Third person - With aiming in First person, like in the first games.

Galaxy: Bogon - They head back to search for Angela, and suddenly they all get sent on a new, big adventure!

Weapons: Bring back some weapons from the original trilogy and the future series, and combine them with all new ones for the ultimate arsenal of devastating weapons! Add gadgets & hacking again too, many gadgets!

Story:
    Ratchet & Clank is heading back to Bogon to search for Angela. They find her (somehow), together with Clanks girlfriend from GC.

Meanwhile, Drek is watching everything from his new fleet. He want to eliminate Ratchet & Clank once and for all, and finish what he started in the first game.

Gameplay:
    Cooperative split-screen third-person gameplay. Player one controls Ratchet just like in the old games, with Clank on his back like hes used to. Player two takes control over Angela Cross and Clanks robo-girlfriend, and plays just like R&C, with helipack & gadgets. If only one player plays, Angela will be controlled by AI.

The game will have many new gadgets & puzzles, some needs cooperation, some needs only one player. The co-op will be like a mix between A4O and DL. It will have a lot of platforming and shooting!

The game will also have competitive multipayer, much like in UYA & DL, just better.

This is my dream. I hope Insomniacs next R&C will be like this, even though I doubt it.
    How is your dreams R&C?

If they release it on the PS4, no one will buy it haha. From what we've heard about the PS4 so far, there's not much point in investing in one. I suspect the next big game will be PS3 title.

Also, I don't know if this storyline would work because the whole game would then be based around reviving old characters. As much as I like Drek, he wasn't a particularly well developed character and I don't think he would fit in well with the newer games, what with how their storylines are alot deeper and such.

I would like to see Angela however at some point. Not as a massive focal point of the game, but I would like to see her. If not, then Ratchet should at least get to meet all the Lombaxes in the other dimension.

I agree. Recycling character and old plots may not be the way to go. Also Insomniac cannot take your ideas.

This signature is brought to you by Frosted Qwarkios.. The choice cereal for Captain Qwark and... uh...hmm...umm...some other people?

....Or we can have a new villain with a new plot with some new characters.
    This is the 4th line. This is the 3rd line. This is the 8th line. There's something on your screen.

Yeah new sounds good. Although it wouldnt hurt to have every weapon youve collected in the R&C series. Well wount hurt the player

The main reason I liked ToD was because of its innovation in new characters, environment, and inventory. This game would not appeal to the gamer like myself. If you like characteristics of an older game, why not play that game instead of wishing for a new one that is basically the same one?

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno Dragon View Post
    If you like characteristics of an older game, why not play that game instead of wishing for a new one that is basically the same one?
    UYA Multiplayer wishers in a nutshell here. Of course it isn't surprising that an HD port that is exactly the same as the original would please them the most!

Also I'm not much of a fan of shipping together characters for no good reason, like what you suggested with Clank's girlfriend coming back (there had better be a very good reason for her to be in the story). Secondly your story idea of visiting Bogon to find Angela doesn't actually work, since you've forgotten that she's with Max Apogee in another dimension (likely the Lombax one). To me the story would be about finding Ratchet, Clank and Talwyn searching for Max and Angela by travelling to their dimension.

Additionally, there is literally no reason for Drek to return either. His plot of making the perfect planet has no relation even to your story idea, let alone mine where they would travel to another dimension. Secondly, he was killed in the first game. Honestly I'm sick and tired of people ignoring the story simply so that they can see old characters turn up for no logical reason. It's just like Ripto returning in Enter the Dragonfly even though he was shown on-screen to have fallen into freaking lava.

And lastly, expecting IG to include every weapon in the past games is ludicrous, they simply don't have the time to do that sort of thing (plus many of the weapons do the exact same thing, like the Devastator/Minirocket Tube/Annihilator. The most I would expect them to attempt is a "Classic Weapons Skins" cheat or something. I know this is a dream scenario, but be reasonable!

889 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    It's just like Ripto returning in Enter the Dragonfly even though he was shown on-screen to have fallen into freaking lava.
    I feel ya, bro. I feel ya.

I don't mind if villains return or come back from the dead.....BUT there has to be a VERY good reason behind it A hint of LOGIC would be nice! I'm talking to YOU Ripto! BUt really I'm not sure what I want for the future of Ratchet and Clank. I like to leave it up to Insomniac. They're smart!
    Twits.

Jazz Optimist Door to Door Crotchitizer saleswoman

Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    Secondly your story idea of visiting Bogon to find Angela doesn't actually work, since you've forgotten that she's with Max Apogee in another dimension (likely the Lombax one). To me the story would be about finding Ratchet, Clank and Talwyn searching for Max and Angela by travelling to their dimension.
    Angela might have left something interesting behind in Bogon, especially if she left in a hurry while being chased by Tachyon, like Ratchet did in ToD. At least they could find out why she didn't leave with the other lombaxes in the first place. And if she couldn't reach the Dimensionator portals in time, she can't have been the only one (though others probably have been hunted down by Tachyon or fled to somewhere too far away).

Quote Originally Posted by XoravaX View Post
    Angela might have left something interesting behind in Bogon, especially if she left in a hurry while being chased by Tachyon, like Ratchet did in ToD. At least they could find out why she didn't leave with the other lombaxes in the first place. And if she couldn't reach the Dimensionator portals in time, she can't have been the only one (though others probably have been hunted down by Tachyon or fled to somewhere too far away).
    To start, I don't really want Insomniac to include any more Last Lombaxes lying around the universe. They were kinda pushing it as it was with Azimuth, so having Ratchet bump into another one kinda ruins the effect that they are in fact gone if they're so common.

Anyways, I wasn't saying that Ratchet couldn't go to Bogon to pick up on Angela's trail, which sounds like a great way to start the game (except for the inevitable reunion with the Y.E.T.I.s, of course!). To me, Muffinrex was suggesting that R&C find Angela in Bogon, as opposed to another dimension, which of course contradicts what had been established at the end of CiT.

889 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.