Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_con View Post
    I wouldn't say the Auger is useless at all. You still see and shoot through walls, you can still put up dozens of shields...it's still an incredibly powerful weapon comparatively. The only difference now is you have to aim your shots better instead of spray and prey.

    well said.

  2. #12
    This seems to be the universal truth of online game forums or as a matter of fact any forums at all.

    Anyone who has a different view then you and is against your idea is automatically a troll.

    I picked up the game and after like 15 games to relearn to play it again i got the auger kill streak. what they did with it was actually make you have to have skill to use it right. No more just as con said spray and pray. It is funny how adding a bit of skill to a gun to make it useful is suddenly "ruining it" or 'making it useless'

    you want a true look at a useless item in the game just look at the EMP grenade. While I understand making it so the grenades aren't always 1 hit KOs the emp doesn't effect players, not even a concussion grenade effect were it just slows them down slightly, Its only purpose it to stop deployed abilities and even in that section it fails because the best it can do is only disable them for a short amount of time. Giving the speed at which abilities can recharge, and that there is a perk to extend the life and speed up the recharge time it just seemed pointless to have weakened them so much. Would be different if they have upgraded versions of it. So a lvl 1 only disabled it and a lvl 2 out right destroyed it but they didn't. The only reason i carried it was because it's only true useful feature was the disabling of the assault shield for a short time. And even If i were to die, most of the time my team mates were able to take the guy out. Well that and the few times in small death match were the guy after getting hurt would pop up a bubble shield to stop and heal for a moment before i threw and emp, disabled it and killed him but that would only work like 2 or 3 times before they wised up.


    as for ammo beacon statement this is my own personal bias opinion but unless you have a long range weapon like the dead eye or marksmen you should not be stationary. But unless you are on a war game mode were you have to defend or capture an area you should not be sitting in one area. Or if you are using a Magnum. I've never seen one used effectively unless camping, and as much as i tired never was able to use one myself effectively unless I camped in an area. The low bullet damage, low magazine clip and the ability for hazmat to nerf the explosive side of it kinda made it a useless gun unless you littered the floor with explosive points and turned into a C4 like trap.


    And I've used ammo beacon. Was my favorite ability until i started to use what ever that sight one that highlights guys. Was much more useful because i could spot people I didn't see and attack them. All the assist bonuses it granted also help speed up the leveling up. Which was needed because the level up system sucks in this game. I understand the whole using points to upgrade and unlock weapons but it just seems stupid to me that they give so few points while you are new and then more and more as you get higher up. You would think it would be the opposite, giving low levels more points to allow them to upgrade and buy better weapons so they stand a chance against the higher level players with their upgraded gear, and then slow down the point gain slightly as you get a higher level.

  3. #13
    agreed about the emp, in fact I have totally forgot about it though i did use it before the changes, it seemed kinda weak even then

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerboy2 View Post
    This seems to be the universal truth of online game forums or as a matter of fact any forums at all.

    Anyone who has a different view then you and is against your idea is automatically a troll.

    I picked up the game and after like 15 games to relearn to play it again i got the auger kill streak. what they did with it was actually make you have to have skill to use it right. No more just as con said spray and pray. It is funny how adding a bit of skill to a gun to make it useful is suddenly "ruining it" or 'making it useless'

    you want a true look at a useless item in the game just look at the EMP grenade. While I understand making it so the grenades aren't always 1 hit KOs the emp doesn't effect players, not even a concussion grenade effect were it just slows them down slightly, Its only purpose it to stop deployed abilities and even in that section it fails because the best it can do is only disable them for a short amount of time. Giving the speed at which abilities can recharge, and that there is a perk to extend the life and speed up the recharge time it just seemed pointless to have weakened them so much. Would be different if they have upgraded versions of it. So a lvl 1 only disabled it and a lvl 2 out right destroyed it but they didn't. The only reason i carried it was because it's only true useful feature was the disabling of the assault shield for a short time. And even If i were to die, most of the time my team mates were able to take the guy out. Well that and the few times in small death match were the guy after getting hurt would pop up a bubble shield to stop and heal for a moment before i threw and emp, disabled it and killed him but that would only work like 2 or 3 times before they wised up.


    as for ammo beacon statement this is my own personal bias opinion but unless you have a long range weapon like the dead eye or marksmen you should not be stationary. But unless you are on a war game mode were you have to defend or capture an area you should not be sitting in one area. Or if you are using a Magnum. I've never seen one used effectively unless camping, and as much as i tired never was able to use one myself effectively unless I camped in an area. The low bullet damage, low magazine clip and the ability for hazmat to nerf the explosive side of it kinda made it a useless gun unless you littered the floor with explosive points and turned into a C4 like trap.


    And I've used ammo beacon. Was my favorite ability until i started to use what ever that sight one that highlights guys. Was much more useful because i could spot people I didn't see and attack them. All the assist bonuses it granted also help speed up the leveling up. Which was needed because the level up system sucks in this game. I understand the whole using points to upgrade and unlock weapons but it just seems stupid to me that they give so few points while you are new and then more and more as you get higher up. You would think it would be the opposite, giving low levels more points to allow them to upgrade and buy better weapons so they stand a chance against the higher level players with their upgraded gear, and then slow down the point gain slightly as you get a higher level.
    I don't hear any reasons from you as to why not to lower the collection time. The ammo beacon perk can have its effective uses as well, sometimes after coming out alive from a huge fight with an enemy team, I pop out ammo beacon and gain my ammo and replenish my grenades, but those are the times I get bummed about the collection time. Plus this perk can be effective as a team used perk as well, place it down around your teams onslaught and you benefit them by not reloading and replenishing everyones grenades/secondaries. And there is always the camping use of it, but I don't find camping a problem like you might, its just a safe way to get kills, plus you can see where they camp, at the death cam? This isn't a non beneficial patch that I request, why don't you like it?
    Last edited by benjy619; 4-May, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_con View Post
    As much as you may want them, they won't happen. You might be the only two members of the online community who want something like this. That said, MyRes is probably a better place for this topic if you want more activity.
    No one said they didn't want it, they just mentioned the spamming which then I informed them of me taking note of. And i did post up on myres aswell thanks for the tip

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by leapbrowser View Post
    agreed about the emp, in fact I have totally forgot about it though i did use it before the changes, it seemed kinda weak even then

    i used it. still pretty much useless.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerboy2 View Post
    i used it. still pretty much useless.
    I don't think the EMP was useless, I used it to disable the bubble shield and Human shields and it was very effective. You really can't use it blindly on someone, it's more of a strategical weapon. It can be very useful in certain situations .






  8. #18
    Was just playing some games, and realized how utterly broken R3 is. The first five or six were great, then the grenadier demolitions idiots joined. I've been more or less behind this game from the start, but the second you get an entire team with ammo beacon, demolitions, and grenadier, it's not worth playing. I played four games, and got killed by an actual gun only twice. What a horrible experience that's probably not going to get fixed. Enough of saying that players are the cause of the low player count, Insomniac made a HORRIBLE decision to make grenadier and demolitions in separate slots. Such a great multiuplayer game ruined with that one mistake.



    ~You'll Never Walk Alone~


  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox154 View Post
    Was just playing some games, and realized how utterly broken R3 is. The first five or six were great, then the grenadier demolitions idiots joined. I've been more or less behind this game from the start, but the second you get an entire team with ammo beacon, demolitions, and grenadier, it's not worth playing. I played four games, and got killed by an actual gun only twice. What a horrible experience that's probably not going to get fixed. Enough of saying that players are the cause of the low player count, Insomniac made a HORRIBLE decision to make grenadier and demolitions in separate slots. Such a great multiuplayer game ruined with that one mistake.
    I kinda find that hard to believe, the patch made grenades respawn every six seconds. But.. what i think happened with you was that the entire team used the same perks, which allowed them to constantly spam. But its easily counterable you know, use stuff like rpg or grendier yourself. And because they are grouped together, ,you will be able to wipe out their entire team making them actual get minus kdr, forcing them to rage and run with weapon not nades. If you haven't tried this, then I suggest you go back on r3 multiplayer, play till you "meet again" as some say, and rip out rpg or grenadier with ammo beacon, demolitions, camp at spawn, spray and pray. They either rage and leave back to cod, or either think hard about doing that next time. You can thank me later

  10. #20
    1) The problem that Bosox is talking about will be amplified with your proposed changes.

    2) You haven't played enough of the game to tell anyone how to counter anything, or how to play, further more, you're terrible at the game.

    3) If you think the ammo beacon is "useless" because you can't get enough crutch-ammo (because that's what it is, a crutch for people who are terrible) then you need to EARN IT and equip scavenger. Since you keep saying "after a battle" that suggests you're killing people, which means you'd get health and a secondary from scavenger (and the occasional grenade). That seems like MORE THAN ENOUGH to fulfill your wishes.

    There is no need to further "break" the game, particularly when few people want it (and even more will be punished for it).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •