Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I guess every thread you post in now is going to mention something about how you don't like the Orchestral soundtracks?

Insomniac Games - North Carolina - QA Lead

Quote Originally Posted by SweetTeaHolic View Post
    But the new SW movies suck. Yes, there would be no way to top the original Star Wars movies, but jeez, at least some quality movies would be nice.
    I wasn't trying to claim that they are good (especially I and II), more that it's very hard to top the original two films.

Orchestra has it's place, and it's very good at making dramatic music. It takes a good composer to know what to use where. For example, would Azimuth's death have been as effective if the Quartu music was playing in the background as opposed to his sad and sombre solo horn theme?

902 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast! View Post
    So I guess every thread you post in now is going to mention something about how you don't like the Orchestral soundtracks?
    A habit?

Seriously why cant newer games use both techno and orchestra instead of just orchestra all the time i mean doesn't listing to orchestra playing during a prison, city level (that's not under attack) or an enemy base infiltration sound out of place?

It does. Even though I am a huge fan of the orchestra music I think it should just be saved for climactic moments and for attacks and other suspensful things. Overusing is not the answer in fact it is ruining it.

This signature is brought to you by Frosted Qwarkios.. The choice cereal for Captain Qwark and... uh...hmm...umm...some other people?

Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    I wasn't trying to claim that they are good (especially I and II), more that it's very hard to top the original two films.

Orchestra has it's place, and it's very good at making dramatic music. It takes a good composer to know what to use where. For example, would Azimuth's death have been as effective if the Quartu music was playing in the background as opposed to his sad and sombre solo horn theme?
    Which I said. Rarely can you make a movie as good has it's precursor, but that still doesn't mean the lack of quality and what made something good in the first place gone is ok, let alone it being your own work. There are tons of things wrong with the prequels, but I'm not going to get into details being it's been said before and this isn't the place for it (don't want to get off topic)

And to Mr. Black: No, I don't think they are as bad as people claim they are. Heck, there were things in Ep3 that I liked. But there's no doubt the movies were a mess writing and story wise, and as a writer myself, I often get high over heels with that.
    (maybe a little too much *looks over to ME3's ending* hrmp)

Ok, getting off topic now. Move along children...

Gif by crashcandyness on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by L0mbax21 View Post
    doesn't listing to orchestra playing during a prison, city level (that's not under attack) or an enemy base infiltration sound out of place?
    Not to me... they're all very dramatic parts of the story. The string work for Zordoom when you first arrive is one of my favourite tracks of ToD.

902 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Lol, I only remember the music from the first game off by heart, and that's only because I played it to death as a kid and can associate each world theme with the planet whereas with the PS3 games, I've only completed them once and so can't remember them much. I think that's also why people complain they aren't as memorable- they tend not the play the newer one's to death (of course some do, but still).

SweetTeaHolic: I agree that Michael's music stood out, I found it much better than the PS2 and Future games, and was to me one of the best parts of the game. After merely playing the games through once I had most of the music stuck in my head (NEST, Uzo, Vilerog)

Boris' music wasn't bad at all. It was actually quite good. To me it suited the game, it helped the game stick out from the others, and for me it helped with the game's seriousness, if you know what I mean.

It's a good level, go play it...