Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    It starts with a vista of Metropolis from Tools of Destruction, all sunny and everything. But THEN the storm kicks in and the Hydra appears.
    Ah, there are a couple glimpses of it in con's video. I wish they could have found a way to mix the two worlds together more seamlessly (like they did with Patapon and Hades), but it far exceeds any expectations I might have held for a God of War/Ratchet & Clank mashup. The Hydra does fit nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox154 View Post
    I wonder how Sly's invisibility will work out in multiplayer. On the video below, he disappeared completely, which doesn't seem too user-friendly.
    He's the only character in the demo that can't block, instead he can become invisible. He also has a move where he can dash across the screan really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur*tugal View Post
    He's the only character in the demo that can't block, instead he can become invisible. He also has a move where he can dash across the screan really fast.
    I know, but from the little footage we have it seems like Sly was at a major disadvantage. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.

~You'll Never Walk Alone~

Yea, Sly's invisibility looks really useless as of right now. Hopefully they remove it, give him a block ability, and focus on his evasiveness as a strength instead.

If his invisibility renders him impervious to harm, I can see it replacing a block. However, if he can still be harmed and it's supposed to be a "stealth" element to his moveset, it sounds failtastic.
    It's funny because it's not funny.

He still takes damage while invisible. The only benefit to being invisible is that it allows you to knock out more AP, I believe, but other than that it is utterly useless. Given how many characters have this wide array of area damage attacks...it just seems like a character you'd want to stay away from.

Yorda a playable character? Most likely, and hopefully, just an Ico stage.

~You'll Never Walk Alone~

If they make Yorda a playable character, I lose all respect for Superbot. Yorda can't fight.

They're basing this assumption on the fact that there's a piece of Ico art open on the desktop. There are also several other pieces of art open on the desktop that aren't Yorda. The rest look like environment art. o.O

And I completely agree with Skidd.
    It's funny because it's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by tha_con View Post
    He still takes damage while invisible. The only benefit to being invisible is that it allows you to knock out more AP, I believe, but other than that it is utterly useless. Given how many characters have this wide array of area damage attacks...it just seems like a character you'd want to stay away from.
    No character takes damage until they get hit by a special. You can lose AP, but the point of being invisible is that you're stealing AP. Someone hitting you while you're invisible is more like their block against you stealing a bunch of their AP, so the goal is to avoid that. I think people are still in the "taking damage" mindset, which is why they don't see the usefulness of Sly's invisibility.

Edit: About Yorda, did you notice Keira and Samos in the background on the Jak level before hot shots took over? She might just be there as a supporting character in an environment.
    Last edited by darknemesis99; 2-May, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." –Robert McCloskey