Issues Renting Movies

There are many movies I have not seen yet. They are out for purchase in stores, at RedBox, and on Netflix. Here is theproblem...
    I want to rent a movie first, since cash is something I have short supply of. Most of the BlockBusters in my neighborhood have closed down and their rental kiosks at the local QT (QuickTrips) have limited quantities. RedBox is always out, and Netflix always charges to mail new releases to you. PSN is too expensive and a rip off since you can only view the movie once.
    Is there any other medium I can use that would allow me to rent new releases at a decent price?
    Last edited by Shur*tugal; 13-Apr, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Hmm... have you tried iTunes? Only problem with that is I don't think you can rent movies, but it's worth a look into

Quote Originally Posted by Melazzee View Post
    Hmm... have you tried iTunes? Only problem with that is I don't think you can rent movies, but it's worth a look into
    I have not, although my pc is not linked to my tv. I'd rather use something that is compatable with my PS3.

Your options are limited. NetFlix is your best bet, then RedBox.

Or, if you have one, a small mom-and-pop locally owned rental store.

Or, if you have one, a small mom-and-pop locally owned rental store.
    That or if you have a Family Video in your area. I'm not sure how widespread they are but they have decent deals on movies & games. I think you can even pay for a card which gives you a month of everything %50 off, so if you get lots of movies it would probably save quite a bit.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton.

Amazon Instant video.

You can rent and buy movies and tv shows, and if you get amazon prime you get a ton of free tv shows and movies.

That's probably the best right now.

With Redbox, use an app on your phone or the website and you can reserve movies or find a movie you want at a kiosk nearby.

Insomniac Games - North Carolina - QA Lead

I use Vudu on the PS3 for most of my rentals. It's like most digital rental services. Once you rent the movie and start it, you have 24 hours to watch it as many times as you want. I think Amazon Instant Video is the same way, and Sony has their own Sony Movies Unlimited app on the PS3 that does it as well.
    It's funny because it's not funny.