Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think it was more of a symbolical meaning for destroying the planet, since it was bits and pieces of other planets, many people died because of Drek's actions. Having the planet continue to thrive would mean that all of those lost lives were killed for a pointless and greedy cause. Maybe Ratchet did think of this, because allowing this planet to remain would be like terminating many people so one person could live (for a selfish perpose). It was wrong and I believe that Ratchet (or at least the developers) thought that keeping the planet would not bring justice to those who died.

I see what you want to say. But on the contrary, i feel that irreversibly destroying this planet means that all the people that died so that Drek could build it have died in vain, since that planet could be used for good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollega View Post
    I see what you want to say. But on the contrary, i feel that irreversibly destroying this planet means that all the people that died so that Drek could build it have died in vain, since that planet could be used for good too.
    True, maybe it's a question only IG can answer?

Consider that, in premise, they needed to destroy yet another planet in order find an orbit for the new planet. Putting the pieces back is not necessarily feasible. Of course, the damage to Veldin alone makes Ratchet's act kind of stupid, but on the other hand, it surprisingly didn't seem all that extensive.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." –Robert McCloskey

its because drek started polluting the planet to make more money and was going to keep doing this over and over again because he was so greedy

Ok, so, IG didnt think about it in my opinion like us. They just destroyed the planet and there is no real anwser, because they can think of many anwers. They just didnt think about it. Thinking so deeply like us about every act in the game. I dont know. After all, the destruction of the planet is smallest thing, because there many strange things there. If they got pieces of planets and they drifted into th sun, you wouldnt be able to visit them and also, they really "did" that with most of the planets. Look, its just a game, it doesnt have to be real all the time. Thats what I think. Disscussing something that maybe even IG didnt think of is pointless. And so many times.
    THE LEGEND NEVER DIES
    PSN: Silvantor
    http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic22201_1.gif

I think it's also worth pointing out for the record that the story was never of any serious consequence until Tools of Destruction. Up until that title the story was just there to make us laugh and give us an excuse to move on to the next planet.

902 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Yes, exactly. But we are talking about WTF moment in RaC 1, dont we?
    THE LEGEND NEVER DIES
    PSN: Silvantor
    http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic22201_1.gif