Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ratchet and Clank lego

I was considering starting up a petition on the Lego site to make RaC lego (here is the link to petition area of the site: http://lego.cuusoo.com/). Would anyone be interested in supporting this if I did make one and design all the pieces and stuff? Would anyone like to help me design them and shoot ideas around for set themes? ;P

Also, more importantly, would Insomniac give permission for me to do this? Because I see plenty of Star Wars sets on there, amongst other copyrighted things which seem to be fine according to their rules.

"Original Model Ideas based on Licensed IP.
    You will receive 1% of net sales if the model you submitted is based on third-party intellectual property (e.g. Star Wars™ or Angry Birds™) and is your original work."

I think this would be a nice lego set to have, a fun addition to the franchise for fans. I think you need 10,000 votes for it to be made, but I'm not too sure just yet.

Would love to get some feedback!

Oooh, I'd be interested, definitely.

I can think of some neat ideas.

Ooh Minecraft! Me and my mate were looking at the official merchandise and thought it was ace that they did Lego.

You could always do the Going Mobile Ratchet cos he's pretty much 8-bit/Minecraft style hehe.

Made a quick mock-up Lego Ratchet in Maya (I'm not too great at texturing and stuff, sorry :P). I couldn't model the hands so I left them out heh.
    But it would be interesting to have a Ratchet where you could change his body and have his different outfits and such.

I would love to create Metropolis and Megapolis in Legos. I could have them as the next cities to sit next to the star wars planets and Bikini Bottom.

This signature is brought to you by Frosted Qwarkios.. The choice cereal for Captain Qwark and... uh...hmm...umm...some other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Melazzee View Post
    I was considering starting up a petition on the Lego site to make RaC lego (here is the link to petition area of the site: http://lego.cuusoo.com/). Would anyone be interested in supporting this if I did make one and design all the pieces and stuff? Would anyone like to help me design them and shoot ideas around for set themes? ;P

Also, more importantly, would Insomniac give permission for me to do this? Because I see plenty of Star Wars sets on there, amongst other copyrighted things which seem to be fine according to their rules.

"Original Model Ideas based on Licensed IP.
    You will receive 1% of net sales if the model you submitted is based on third-party intellectual property (e.g. Star Wars™ or Angry Birds™) and is your original work."

I think this would be a nice lego set to have, a fun addition to the franchise for fans. I think you need 10,000 votes for it to be made, but I'm not too sure just yet.

Would love to get some feedback!

Just as long as its not made into a videogame!
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton.

If not LEGO, then possibly MegaBlocks? They do Need for Speed stuff after all, so they're already into game stuff.

I doubt Kre-O would be an option, although they're not sticking to just Transformers, as they're going to do Star Trek next.
    Wanted: Unpainted Carbonox statuette, Inflatable decoy, ACiT promo t-shirt (yellow), A4O Controller set, Magnetic Clank, ACiT pin

Quote Originally Posted by Melazzee View Post
    Made a quick mock-up Lego Ratchet in Maya (I'm not too great at texturing and stuff, sorry :P). I couldn't model the hands so I left them out heh.
    But it would be interesting to have a Ratchet where you could change his body and have his different outfits and such.

Cuteness!

IG's permission? I think SONY is the one who must give you the permission.
    Nevermind, the idea is good (I didint know how it would look like untill I saw Melazzee's model - nice) I would love to see it.
    Imagine those mini-weapons! I would build Maktar Nebula from it. Oh, that reminds me, I wanted to build Ratchet and Clank worlds in Minecraft! Stay tuned!
    THE LEGEND NEVER DIES
    PSN: Silvantor
    http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic22201_1.gif

R&C in minecraft sounds awesome, Rar, keep at it!

Me and Mel were discussing what should be included in a set, taking into consideration things like complexity and scale issues. For example we can't include a tiny weapon like the Rift Inducer 5000 because that'd be far too small in Lego scale. However it is tempting to include a Constructo Weapon since that's just PERFECT for Lego and fits into what Lego is all about. We also thought it'd be cool to make a CiT Aphelion where you could switch between the three different Blaster Wing types you get throughout the game.

909 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.