Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Im posting this here because it's along the same lines and really doesn't need it's own thread so, assuming the game has a crazy arsenal which I imagine it will how do you think ammunition is going to work do you think enemies will be using the same weapons as the player allowing us to scavenge ammo from the dead, will insomniac use weapon vendors or perhaps all guns will run off of the same ammo like mass effects thermal clips its just something I've been wondering.
    Last edited by twoblud; 10-Apr, 2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: mistakes

The scavenging part sounds more like the game (from the vibe it gives off). I think the ammunition system will be similer to Resistance's.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus929 View Post
    The scavenging part sounds more like the game (from the vibe it gives off). I think the ammunition system will be similer to Resistance's.
    I mean it's totally possible that enemies could be using the same guns as us in which case it would make sense that we could scavenge ammo but I just don't think enemies are going to go around with crazy weapons like the lightning crossbow (forgive me if there is a name for it) although I could be wrong resistance's enemies used the same guns as the player so maybe .

Quote Originally Posted by twoblud View Post
    I mean it's totally possible that enemies could be using the same guns as us in which case it would make sense that we could scavenge ammo but I just don't think enemies are going to go around with crazy weapons like the lightning crossbow (forgive me if there is a name for it) although I could be wrong resistance's enemies used the same guns as the player so maybe .
    It could be possible that certain ammo types are compatible with different guns. For example, an enemy could use a Plasma Arc weapon that uses batteries that can be used in the Lightning Sniper (not the actual name).

894 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    It could be possible that certain ammo types are compatible with different guns. For example, an enemy could use a Plasma Arc weapon that uses batteries that can be used in the Lightning Sniper (not the actual name).
    Hadn't thought of this that would make the scavenging idea work.

It would also be a good way to encourate a team mate to do their job properly. You may play as Dalton and try to steal all the kills, but it won't net you any more ammo for your gun!

894 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that this game will have a pretty large collection of weapons

I'm actually thinking that OverStrike may share some common ground with Borderlands in this respect. I'm thinking it will be 4 playable characters, each with a different class, and tons of "loot" that you'll pick up from enemies. I don't think it'll be a standard "Gears" type story game. Really hoping for missions, xp, and kick ass co-op (AND LAN).

Quote Originally Posted by tha_con View Post
    I think it's fairly safe to assume that this game will have a pretty large collection of weapons

I'm actually thinking that OverStrike may share some common ground with Borderlands in this respect. I'm thinking it will be 4 playable characters, each with a different class, and tons of "loot" that you'll pick up from enemies. I don't think it'll be a standard "Gears" type story game. Really hoping for missions, xp, and kick ass co-op (AND LAN).
    Ya! And maybe perks like R3 , if not the story then online.

ammo... ammo crates! Or when you kill enemies they die and just leave some random ammo behind (like the KG in J&D)

It's a good level, go play it...

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetruler View Post
    ammo... ammo crates! Or when you kill enemies they die and just leave some random ammo behind (like the KG in J&D)
    Probably like that...