Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetruler View Post
    Resistance: Fall of Man - Yea its quite horror-like and creepy, and dark, and shooting things in this game was sorta fun, but the game was kinda... slow and the environments didn't pull me in, and didn't make me think "woah! Look at this place!" it was more like "okay, cool. I want out!" the game was very creepy, and had a tendency to surprise me.
    Exactly
    Last edited by Justus929; 6-Apr, 2012 at 12:52 PM.

Well I only got PSN a couple of days ago and I haven't played any Resistance multiplayer (apart from FoM's offline multiplayer) but in terms of campaign all three Resistance games are great. But they do have their cons. Fall of Man's being the controls (I just didn't like aiming with L3) and Resistance 2's being the lack of a weapon wheel, vehicles, the co op (my friend and myself lasted one minute everytime) and the full regenerating health. Resistance 3 was about as good as an FPS can get in my opinion.
    Resistance Fall of man: 4.5/5
    Resistance 2: 4.75/5 (it would have been my favourite Resistance if it had the weapon wheel)
    Resistance 3: 4.85/5

Fall of Man has the option to customize controls, so you could have moved the "zoom in" button.

~You'll Never Walk Alone~

I like FoM for more of this old WW2 atmosphere combined with horror,i cant remeber if r2 had any of that horror or old war feel.I like R3 for returning to some of its roots even though the old war vibe wasnt there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty_D667 View Post
    I like FoM for more of this old WW2 atmosphere combined with horror,i cant remeber if r2 had any of that horror or old war feel.I like R3 for returning to some of its roots even though the old war vibe wasnt there either.
    *SPOILER*

The only WW II feeling I got from it were the houses and the occasional radio broadcast. The horror (at least for me) was when you enter the dark house and there are chimera that jump out and some of the creepy water chimera swimming about. Forgot their name . It was in the chicago map where all of the grims hatched and stuff.

I played rfom and to be honest I don't see what's so special about it and why it's better then the others, maybe its just a nostalgic feel for some people. The game was good, I enjoyed it, (except for the focking hedgehog mines, those almost made me want to rage quit!) but I don't think it really exeeded or beat the other titles, while some may complain about resistance 2 not having a weapon wheel, I don't find it to be a big deal, holding 2 weapons was fine for me (nothing to hate over). I loved resistance 2, I think it was a phenomenal game. As for R3 it was amazing, the online was a huge step up from the last ones, I loved the perk system implemented, and all. Campaign was great as well. And the series ending nice and happily what more could you ask for. Only bad thing was the lack of numbers, insomniac fans are a small but loyal community, none of the games im afraid though really hit the big crowd, just overshadowed by cod, bf3.

Quote Originally Posted by benjy619 View Post
    I played rfom and to be honest I don't see what's so special about it and why it's better then the others, maybe its just a nostalgic feel for some people. The game was good, I enjoyed it, (except for the focking hedgehog mines, those almost made me want to rage quit!) but I don't think it really exeeded or beat the other titles, while some may complain about resistance 2 not having a weapon wheel, I don't find it to be a big deal, holding 2 weapons was fine for me (nothing to hate over). I loved resistance 2, I think it was a phenomenal game. As for R3 it was amazing, the online was a huge step up from the last ones, I loved the perk system implemented, and all. Campaign was great as well. And the series ending nice and happily what more could you ask for. Only bad thing was the lack of numbers, insomniac fans are a small but loyal community, none of the games im afraid though really hit the big crowd, just overshadowed by cod, bf3.
    I think the reason why most people were dissapointed with no weapon wheel in Resistance 2 was because the weapon wheel was such a fun thing to have around. Instead of having to find another gun when your weapon runs out of amo, BOOM! You pull out a whole new gun out of no where and start obliderating your foes yet again . Yes I must say that R2 was really fun, but I think that the original Resistance was better. My reasons are: 1)Weapon Wheel 2) Fun and more unique weapons (not saying that R2's isn't unique, I just like RoFM's better) 3) The factory worker chimera that were just fun to mess around with 4) 2 player story mode 5) WWII feel and 6) Story plot and telling .

I played it well or guny and intellectual

----------------

http://www.cubefieldflash.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetruler View Post
    I play Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2 and Resistance 3 all as equally as possible, trying to see everything good about each game. Unfortunately this is all about offline.

Resistance: Fall of Man - Yea its quite horror-like and creepy, and dark, and shooting things in this game was sorta fun, but the game was kinda... slow and the environments didn't pull me in, and didn't make me think "woah! Look at this place!" it was more like "okay, cool. I want out!" the game was very creepy, and had a tendency to surprise me. But after playing it a few times through, it lost the element of surprise, and I couldn't play it much further, I feel like I have overplayed the game, when I've only completed it 9 times. Sure I should rack up the difficulty, but then I would get frusterated, and never want to touch the game again (hard was hard enough as it is, I do not want to see what superhuman has in store...)

Resistance 2 - At the time Resistance was the only shooter series I had ever played, and so this game left a huge impression on me, it went from horror and creepy to much larger scale, and focused more on shooting heaps, rather than slowly creeping around a freaky old fish cannery. The change in gameplay to me was a good change, it was just more my style (what with me liking R&C and all) But it did have it's flaws, it was not much better to play a second time than FoM.

Resistance 3 - To me at least, this was the ultimate everything! The horrific feel of FoM had kind of returned, and the intense action of R2 came back, but this time was much more addictive. The environments left me gaping at the screen, and the story did too. At the end of FoM I felt like I had lost, at the end or R2 I didn't know what to feel? But at the end of this, I felt like I had made a great difference! The story was done very well, the worlds were done very wall, the killing was good fun, and for the first time ever... The multiplayer was enjoyable!

That's what I think of Resistance

R:FoM = 4
    R2 = 7
    R3 = 9

FYI: I play all the games equally! Infact, right now I'm playing FoM.
    I agree so much I have nothing to add.

I still play Resistance Fall of Man... unfortunately, not many people are online.
    PSN- DBCooper92