Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Re: What do you guys think about A4O?

I swear you\'ve said that in this thread before.

895 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    I swear you\'ve said that in this thread before.
    That\'s funny, because I haven\'t posted in this thread before.... >......>

Ring around the Rosie. Pocket fulls of holes. In what we fall down. Ring around the Rosie. What do you hold so close. In Darkness, in which we drown.

But you have made your opinion, very clear..

Quote Originally Posted by AsheMagge View Post
    My honest opinion? It\'s not a terrible game, but it\'s pretty lame. I\'m not going to go into the specifics again, but just about everything frolm the art style to story to controls and freakin\' camera made me really dislike the game.

And yes, I did read through the whole topic and no I\'m not gonna go down that spiral, but I honestly do really feel bad about the game
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_con View Post
    Man this better not be true...
    Of course it\'s true!

Look, I\'m going to be the bearer of bad news up front: Ratchet and Clank from Insomniac is going to get a rest. I don\'t think they\'re done with the series, but I think Sony, at this point, is going to give it a breather. The series has run for a VERY long time, and A4O didn\'t sell in spectacular numbers (though, like others, it will over time).

The sooner people realize that Insomniac has moved on to bigger pastures beyond Sony\'s umbrella, the better. They are trying to grow as a company, and while we can be disappointed as fans of a franchise to see them leave it behind, we also should respect what they are doing, and *why* they are doing it. It is almost unprecedented in this day and age that a developer like Insomniac Games *not* be wholly owned by a publisher. This is GREAT news for Insomniac to work on so many IP\'s that they own. I hope we get tons more from them and see them grow even more!

Anyway, rant over. Ratchet and Clank is probably not coming back for a while, and Resistance is done (with Insomniac, that is). We\'ll probably see a Ratchet title on Vita, but not on PS3 for a good while (if ever) and maybe on PS4 (I\'m doubtful).

I don\'t really see what\'s bad about this news?
    It might not be bad news for you, but is it for me. I\'m one of the many people who really disliked A4O. I\'ve had the game since it\'s release and barely played it because I simply couldn\'t stand it. If R&C doesn\'t come back for ages that\'s not gonna make me happy

But I\'m not sure though.....I remember people saying everywhere in articles like on IGN that ACiT was the last R&C, or at least for a long time. Hell, some places didn\'t even say anything other than it WAS the last game =/
    Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    I do strongly remember that Insomniac was going to delay Tools of Destruction by a week due to a bug they just couldn\'t fix in time, but then they fixed it earlier than anticipated and the game came out on the intended date.

So I think the idea that Sony is unwilling to push the release date back is invalid. I think instead it\'s Insomniac committing themselves to releasing a game on time, rather than doing a Blizzard and delaying the game constantly. Hell delaying a game even once is enough to put some (rather daft) people off purchasing a game.
    Well a game should be a good as it can, and delaying a game for the devs to work on it longer for the most part helps the game\'s quality to grow

And I\'d have to also MAJORLY disagree with you on the quality of some recent titles. I enjoyed Resistance 3 but I found Resistance 2 to be an average shooters...and well...my thoughts on A4O would really, really better be left unsaid. Suffice to say I\'m not a fan of that "ratchet and clank game".
    Quote Originally Posted by killercomando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raritanium View Post
    I didnt finished All 4 One eighter. Its just sitting there and when I look at it, it doesnt make me feel I want to play.
    true,its the only R&C gae for the ps3 and ps2 that i didnt feel excited to finish.in fact i even got so bored of it that i broke out CiT and ToD even thought i finished then about 4 times each.A4O was just that boring.o well,lets hope that IG dosent repeat this with the next game of R&C
    Yeah I honestly hope not =/
    I\'d have to agree...espeically with A4O. Not only did A4O fail to match up to any other R&C game, but the amazing amount of fantastic games in 2011 oovershadowed it, like you said. I can think of so many games....Uncharted 3, Dead Space 2, Batman: AC, Skyrim, Deus Ex, Dark Souls, and these are just some of the games that I\'ve played.

IG has the possibility to stand out in a crowd...but they will with Overstike?
    By far A4O is the very worst out of everything...yes I did read what you said icy but I have to disagree
    Dear god no. Go back to ACiT\'s cell shaded/rich colour and awesome cutscenes style.
    I haven\'t finished it either, and I never will. I bought it, played through the levels for a bit, my brother tried it out. I put it back on the shelf and it\'s been sitting there ever since.

There\'s no way I\'m gonna play a game like that when I have quality games like Dead Space 2, Deus Ex, Skyrim, Batman, etc, to play from this year...sorry if I\'m being blunt but I have to let it out =/
    I\'d take a photo, but I don\'t have my camera now and a lot of my games are either borrowed out to friends, on PSN, or missing for some reason >:F

Anyway. this is my PS3 Collection so far ^^

Uncharted 2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Batman: Arkham City
    Deus Ex: HR
    Skyrim
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Vanquish
    R&C ToD
    R&C QfB
    R&C ACiT
    R&C A4O (should have sold it)
    Uncharted 3
    Dead Nation
    LBP (Got it from the welcome back package)
    BF: BC2
    Resonance of Fate
    Heavy Rain
    inFamous
    Demon\'s Souls
    Dark Souls
    Killzone 3
    Dead Space 2
    ICO/SotC HD Collection
    Crysis 2
    Resistance 2

So what about you guys? Note I did indifinitely borrow one or two of these games like KZ3...

Carry on =3
    Quote Originally Posted by icyflamez96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulTechno View Post
    this is why R&C is suffering.because every time they make a great game,the audience expects a game even greater the next time.this is one of the reasons why many people are bashing A4O(and even the future saga).eventually IG isn\'t able to keep up.in medicine terms:it called developing tolerance.that is why some really popular games take breaks.to undo this effect
    I don\'t agree with you at all. A4O was the most contested of the series. Of course there\'s also critics when a game comes out... BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE TREATMENT THAT A4O GOT ALSO APPLIED FOR THE OTHER GAMES? Hell no...
    I think R&C All 4 One not being a regular R&C game is a big reason why it gets bashed.
    Yea, but that\'s not the only reason =/
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulTechno View Post
    this is why R&C is suffering.because every time they make a great game,the audience expects a game even greater the next time.this is one of the reasons why many people are bashing A4O(and even the future saga).eventually IG isn\'t able to keep up.in medicine terms:it called developing tolerance.that is why some really popular games take breaks.to undo this effect
    I don\'t agree with you at all. A4O was the most contested of the series. Of course there\'s also critics when a game comes out... BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE TREATMENT THAT A4O GOT ALSO APPLIED FOR THE OTHER GAMES? Hell no...
    I couldn\'t agree more...
    No, I\'m saying that movies without the potential for a lot of attention and money aren\'t worth making and won\'t be made...it has nothing to do with unanimated, dark movies...and I love animated movies =3
    Why are you soooo sure that an R&C movie wouldnt get alot of attention? Why do you think it has no potential to get alot of attention? Say if R&C movie trailers started coming on on commercials. It would be a totally new thing for most people. How is that ANY different than any other animated movie that usually get a good amount of attention?
    Because R&C won\'t have the same amount of appeal. The RE movies really only interest the RE fanbase, etc. Besides, I\'m not sure how good a movie R&C could be...
    Dude. How do you think any new movie franchise gets famous? It stars off with nothing. No fans or anything. If we were to go by your logic then only sequels of movies would be made because any other new Idea wont have any appeal. If an R&C movie was good then it would get its own fanbase.
    I didn\'t say that exactly. I meant that the game\'s fanbase might not approve of the movie itself. A lot of people (including me) dislike A4O, and that\'s part of the R&C franchise. It\'s gone down in popularity and scores...you see what I mean?
    I\'m gonna be a tad blunt here when I say that NOTHING in A4O is worthy of being in a future game =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Q View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombax666 View Post
    All I can say is if you don\'t like A4O, you don\'t like Ratchet and Clank.
    How? You can like Ratchet and Clank perfectly well without liking A4O.
    Exactly. I dislike A4O but I love most of the other games =/

That\'s like AsheMagge\'s Greatest Hits right there.

895 KBABZ Awards

Aha. So basically you took every single post I\'d ever made on this forum discussiong A4O and then posted it again in another thread that I\'ve never posted in before that you\'ve said I have. The funny thing is; this kinda is thread to be discussing our thoughts on the game out of all of them. Did you think I went off-topic? That\'s funny... >...>

Look if you can\'t accept my honest opinion or maybe you refuse to listen to me explain my disappointment that\'s fine. But I don\'t see why you don\'t want to accept an opinion that differs to yours

I\'m not trying to start a fight nor am I wanting to make a heating debate, but I\'m just speaking from the heart

Ring around the Rosie. Pocket fulls of holes. In what we fall down. Ring around the Rosie. What do you hold so close. In Darkness, in which we drown.

I\'m nearly done playing A4O [got my hands on it for several days now and am just about to beat the last boss], so I shall give my verdict.

My little brother and myself set out on hardened difficulty straight from the start. [we\'ve both completed 4 other R&C titles, so we decided we wanted a good challenge] It was... a different kind of game... but not in a bad way. Overall, I rate it at about 7.8. It\'s a pretty good game! Not my definition of a "mainstream" R&C game so to speak, but as a stand-alone title that still follows the story, I found it enjoyable.

The Story: The story line wasn\'t bad at all, though I would\'ve preferred to see more present-time cut-scenes as opposed to the diary entries of Dr. Croid. With that being the case, along with a few elements of the gameplay the story seemed a little abrupt. But as I said, it was good nonetheless. Really enjoyed the end... or at least what I\'ve seen of it so far, since I haven\'t beat it yet.

Gameplay: The mechanics of the game all felt mostly familiar, which I was pleased with. The right-stick weapon/gadget menu was a little troublesome getting used to for a little while, especially when playing co-op because you can\'t pause the game unless both players are using it. But it is pretty nifty once you get the hang of it. There were just a couple issues I had with gameplay - one of them being the lack of variety in challenges that appear in most of the R&C games. To me it was more reminiscent of the way Portal 2 created variety with its puzzles - it didn\'t really add many new "types" of puzzles but it did change a bit of something in each challenge. Another thing is the swarms of enemies you have to face here & there. It\'s much like Deadlocked in that respect, but there isn\'t so much room to maneuver. In the final negative, it became a bit of a bore at times, trudging through levels, shooting stuff, collecting bolts. That\'s much of what you do in every other game, but here it just wasn\'t that exciting all the time. It just felt a bit repetitive sometimes. Oh, and when we got to the Hall of Paradoxology after beating a particularly difficult level the game completely froze. The second time we tried it went fine, but after that first attempt we ditched the game altogether and played Deadlocked for awhile just because we didn\'t want to do the accursed level again [granted it was fun the first several attempts].

That\'s only the negative side though. On the other, the weapons were all pretty cool, I also like the different melee attacks for each character. Really, there isn\'t a whole lot to say about the rest of the gameplay though because its so similar to the others - so that\'s inherent to at least a 9 out of 10.

Graphics: The graphics were decent, though I really loved ACiT\'s the most, next to the old games. Personally, I did not care for the new character looks. I mean they\'re good - but I prefer ACiT. I would expound on why I don\'t care for them as much but I don\'t want to sound like I\'m trolling on it - despite my negativity it was a nice game. The main thing is that I didn\'t really care for the extra cartoonishness that was added. The environments were actually pretty cool though - I stopped in my tracks a couple times, looking around at the scenery briefly. There was one part where I could swear I was on the peach tree ledge in Kung Fu Panda [or at least a very similar setting] The cutscene environments were even more awesome.

Humor: Of course I have to comment on this because it is a prominent facet of R&C, especially for me. Loved the humor. There was actually some fairly adult innuendo in there, and although I can\'t really say I\'m in support of such things... its still pretty hilarious. The good thing though is that it is much more "aloof" so to speak. If the content of older games flies over children\'s heads, this one pretty-much flies high and clear of their heads. Humor isn\'t just in the cut-scenes though - the phrases characters will blurt out along the way are often pretty funny, and GLaDO- or I mean, the female computer voice I enjoyed with her Portal 2 references.

So yeah, I think that sums up most of the points. I\'d probably have gone into more detail if we were allowed to talk about "spoilers", but this will suffice. In conclusion - good game, but I hope its not the gameplay direction Insomniac is headed towards. But even then - if they improve on A4O it just might be a flipping sweet game.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton.

We are in fact allowed to post about Spoilers, so long as you use the appropriate tags, particularly for stuff at the ending.

895 KBABZ Awards

I like all 4 one. but grainger games imports US games so I got a US ratchet and clank all 4 one with a useless online code. if anyone has one send me a message. and if anyone wants an all 4 one online pass and they live in the US I'll send it your way.

The game is fun and very good,but i bet deadlocked is a better spin of then all 4 one

The weakest R&C from Insomaniac, but still a great game. Albeit, glitchy. Which is semi-understandable give that it's a multiplayer game and has different gameplay.

The story was still fantastic and that's all that really mattered in the end for me. Even if the gameplay was a bit off putting given that it wasn't as good as the rest of the series. Had it been a co-op game with the same gameplay, it'd be different.

It certainly would have been a much harder game to make if they did that though. So I understand why they changed it up for this one.