Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: WILDFIRE NIGHMARE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbonds View Post
    If only someone had warned Insomniac of this happening when the wildfire was first revealed in a multiplayer gameplay video!

:
    Had only someone foresaw the terrible imbalances that would be brought with having a rocket launcher that you could spawn with. One that could lock onto people. Not to mention the possibilities when paired up with an ammo beacon or a perk to increase explosive damage. WHY OH WHY DID NOBODY SEE THIS COMING?!

:

lol

agreed
    either fix the ammo beacon/make the ammo non-replenishable
    and/or
    make the wildfire not lock on to players

Quote Originally Posted by BigA020 View Post
    agreed
    either fix the ammo beacon/make the ammo non-replenishable
    and/or
    make the wildfire not lock on to players
    I think making it a lock on only weapon that takes about 4-5 seconds to lock on will make it a harder weapon to use. You can\'t just blast someone as soon as you see them, you have to stand there and lock on as they shoot you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW View Post
    I think making it a lock on only weapon that takes about 4-5 seconds to lock on will make it a harder weapon to use. You can\'t just blast someone as soon as you see them, you have to stand there and lock on as they shoot you in the face.
    Great idea, except for those times when a guy comes through a doorway and you have no time to aim, not to mention lock on.
    DOS A CERO ~ 9/10/13 ~ Columbus

~You'll Never Walk Alone~

Exactly, no one wants to play a game where people run around using rocket launchers. You have to play keeping the fact that its a lock on only weapon in mind. That means it\'d be more suitable in breach (shooting cores), and for shooting turrets or stationary campers.

That is my problem when I use the wildfire. I always stand and try to lock on to the player while someone else melees me from the side because it takes so long to lock on. I prefer the Atomizer.

I like the ideas that have been mentioned:

1. Make it so the gun will only fire when it has locked on to someone.
    2. Make the ammo beacon replenish ammo, but not in the clip that is being used OR
    3. Slow down the rate the wildfire receives ammo OR
    4. Make the wildfire immune from ammo beacons.

Its a very OP weapon.. I put it on for one match with the above settings and I was owning everybody with out even trying.. I actually found it boring to use (yay.. point and shoot in the enemy\'s general direction and hiding really far away from the action... with unlimited ammo!)