Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Overstrike = The? Incredibles??

TF2 rocks, plus its free On Steam right now, lol

would be funny if IG went for a more A Team style for the game

While we\'re saving going into more detai for later, there\'s little bits in each analogy mentioned that could compare to the Overstrike team - however the team will definitely have it\'s own character

Sounds a lot like my own two stories, where you can draw lots of different bits and pieces from everything I\'ve ever seen, from R&C to Tron to Uncharted, and more.

867 KBABZ Awards

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Rats

They\'re not really related. Does anyone know when this is coming out? I\'m kinda excited, but I can\'t help thinking it\'s gonna be a flop like Brink was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rats View Post
    They\'re not really related. Does anyone know when this is coming out? I\'m kinda excited, but I can\'t help thinking it\'s gonna be a flop like Brink was.
    On what basis would you think that? Insomniac Games is an experienced studio with a terrific track record, not a company that\'s mostly done game mods and has only tried its hand at making its own game a couple of times like Splash Damage.

Also, Brink had mixed reviews, so, despite it being delayed (which is indicative of the studio\'s inexperience, a problem IG doesn\'t suffer from) I wouldn\'t really qualify it as a "flop". I haven\'t played it, so I can\'t judge it myself, but I see some fairly good scores as well as the bad scores.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." –Robert McCloskey

A flop generally means the game didn\'t perform as well as it was expected to. For example Brink was expected to get 8\'s, but it got 4-5\'s making it a flop. However, games that score REALLY low (like, 2-3\'s) are considered flops no matter what people think of them!

867 KBABZ Awards

Quote Originally Posted by KBABZ View Post
    A flop generally means the game didn\'t perform as well as it was expected to. For example Brink was expected to get 8\'s, but it got 4-5\'s making it a flop. However, games that score REALLY low (like, 2-3\'s) are considered flops no matter what people think of them!
    It did get 8\'s, it just also got 6\'s. Maybe it didn\'t do as well as they wanted though, so I\'ll accept that argument. But I still don\'t see what connection that has to Overstrike...
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." –Robert McCloskey

Basically Rats is having the goold old "Change is Bad" argument, where any direction other than the one that is familiar is deemed to be a bad idea and could possibly ruin the company (or franchise, if it\'s a sequel to an existing game).

WARNING: The above message may contain small traces of Hyperbole, Hypocrisy, and Helicopters.

867 KBABZ Awards

It\'s not the same as The Incredibles.
    All because those growing gooey ball things and one person can turn invisible.
    Plus how can you say a Game is gonna be like a movie?