PS3 not reading discs :(

* This topic can be deleted if someone provided me the answer *

This sucks, I was just playing some PS3 and then my game froze. After I restarted my PS3, no game popped up on my screen. I took out my game and put it back in, the PS3 is not reading any games anymore. If I put any disk in my PS3, the little icon on the top right corner is indicating that the game is getting read but that keeps staying there.

The blue light indicator is also working when a PS3 game is in the blu-ray. I also tried it with a DVD. No succes. I also tried to repair the blu-ray drive by going on the recovery menu and selecting the 3rd option \'Restore file system\' some people report it works, some report it doesn\'t work. Well I am screwed.

I have 3 options:

1) Format HDD
    2) Take out and put back in my HDD [Not sure if it will delete all my files]
    3) Take my PS3 apart and clean/repair blu-ray lens

This sucks, I just got my PS3 for exact a year and then the blu-ray dies. Nice service Sony...

January 2010 60 GB PS3 got the YLoD....
    January 2011 160 GB PS3\'s blu-ray doesn\'t read anymore

WTF IS THIS?

So does anybody know what I can do? Or am I completely screwed ?

- ID

Re: PS3 not reading discs :(

This exact thing happened to my dad\'s 60gb PS3 when I was playing MW2

I think that the blu-ray lens is dead. My dad bought a new one and fixed it up and it works perfectly now. I would go through every other option first though as you don\'t want to screw up your PS3. :/
    Love Resistance and IG <3

Quote Originally Posted by jstevenson View Post
    Malikov is just steering the boat while warning Joseph that he\'s about to be eaten from behind.

Wait, that sounded wrong...

You\'re completely screwed.

loljk. Same thing happens to me with Uncharted 2 every now and then. Just turn off your PS3 for a while (say 3 or 4 hours?)

Same thing happened to my 40GB PS3. I\'ve contacted sony about this in the past when it happened. It\'s the Blu-Ray drive, burnt. I got lucky when mine broke, I called them & was told that the warranty did expire, but my had a 2yr extended warranty through Best Buy. Actually found the receipt on the same day, rushing through my house not knowing where it was. Crazy that it expired the next day. I got to trade in my old broken 40gb in for a brand new 250gb model.
    I now how to speak Lombax and Chimeran.

Perhaps you could check here and see if this can help your situation.

http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/

There\'s terms listed for USA & terms for Canada. You can also buy them through the PS Store. Make contact with the number (866) 716-7669 and see if anything can be done about your PS3.
    I now how to speak Lombax and Chimeran.

Well I think I am just going to try to repair my blu-ray lens. I have experience in repairing PS3\'s, as I repaired my PS3 last year from YLoD [Yes I might said my ps3 broke thanks to YLoD, but after I fixed it, I sold it]. Is it possible for me to buy a new blu-ray driver or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno Dragon View Post
    Well I think I am just going to try to repair my blu-ray lens. I have experience in repairing PS3\'s, as I repaired my PS3 last year from YLoD [Yes I might said my ps3 broke thanks to YLoD, but after I fixed it, I sold it]. Is it possible for me to buy a new blu-ray driver or anything?
    I think you can just buy the lens on its own or the lens and the sliding track. My dad says it isn\'t that hard to fix so good luck
    Love Resistance and IG <3

Quote Originally Posted by jstevenson View Post
    Malikov is just steering the boat while warning Joseph that he\'s about to be eaten from behind.

Wait, that sounded wrong...

Thanks for the replies, I will see what I can do.