Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 General Discussion

I'm getting back into actively buying PS3 games. Currently I have:
    Ratchet & Clank collection, Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time, All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault, Into the Nexus, Sly collection, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Jak and Daxter collection, Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.

I plan on getting the Infamous games (played the first a while ago and loved it), Ico/shadow, Resistance and Journey. Any other recommendations?

Also ironically tomorrow is the 10 year anniversary of the thing. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by weasel188900 View Post
    I'm getting back into actively buying PS3 games. Currently I have:
    Ratchet & Clank collection, Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time, All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault, Into the Nexus, Sly collection, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Jak and Daxter collection, Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.

I plan on getting the Infamous games (played the first a while ago and loved it), Ico/shadow, Resistance and Journey. Any other recommendations?

Also ironically tomorrow is the 10 year anniversary of the thing. Woo!
    3D Dot Heroes is one I had waited a long time to get. It's not as unique now as when it came out but you can go around as literally anything, from a Mimic to your own custom designed Ratchet with animations for moving.

I've heard good things about that game. Looks cool.

MEGAMAN LEGENDS. I realize the controls on it on Sony isn't the best, but believe me, once you get used to those controls the games are worth it. I stand by the series as my favorite, what with things that were kinda revolutionairy at the time like a morality meter that changes some things. I think all three games in that series costs less than 30 bucks iirc. (Just to note, it's not an old school megaman with platforming, it's a 3D adventure game where you have missable choices in the story, weapons to gather items for and an underground maze for the first game)
    If we're gonna go stuff that isn't exclusive, Lollipop Chainsaw is actually quite fun, and at least decently challenging to get the best scores on.
    Last edited by amh7912; 17-Nov, 2016 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel188900 View Post
    I've heard good things about that game. Looks cool.
    It is an amazing game. I has a great story and narrative. Polished gameplay. Awesome horse-riding. A moral- and consequence system that makes sense. Ambient activities that happen randomly but fit seamless in the world. Also, side-activities that can be started whenever you want (hunting birds eg.)
    Oh! And that ending...

Look into Vanquish. Maybe consider getting into the MGS series too. Pretty sure there's a collection for PS3. Just remember the older ones are old and play old, but they're still good.

I haven't played either game for more than 10 minutes, but they are always games I wanted to get into. Just not enough time.'

Oh, and Puppeteer.

These aren't absolute "play these game" suggestions from me. Because I haven't played any of these. Just sayin, look into them. They're all critically acclaimed at least.
    Last edited by icyflamez96; 19-Nov, 2016 at 05:05 PM.

Puppeteer's a platformer, right? I love platformers, so I will get that if so.

MGS looks interesting but I heard that has long 4 hour cutscenes that you can't replay. I don't mind difficulty because I've beaten some of the DKC games and Jak II, but that's a huge turn off to me.

MGS is indeed a solid series. (pun intended).
    MGS1 is the best to start with though. It's not extremely difficult. It's more prone to jarring gameplay that almost every older game has.
    The cutscenes can indeed be long. There is a particular infamous one in MGS1. They're indeed not re playable. But if you are interested to see what the fuzz is about, you'll just gonna have to play it. The narrative is worth it.
    You'll also see why it is one of the best PS1 games.

The narrative sounds insanely interesting, but what if I have to take a bathroom break during a long cutscene and I miss it?