Page 1 of 177 1231151101 ... LastLast

Questions for Insomniac

Welcome to Questions for Insomniac v.8. (New New New New New New New Thread for Questions for Insomniac)

Here are the last 7 threads of Questions for Insomniac:
    Part 1 - Insomniac Interrogating
    Part 2 - New Thread for Questions for Insomniac
    Part 3 - New New Thread for Questions for Insomniac
    Part 4 - New New New Thread for Questions for Insomniac
    Part 5 - Questions for Insomniac [1]
    Part 6 - Questions for Insomniac (Again)
    Part 7 - Questions for Insomniac [2]

ehem,
    So, how often do you guys in CA keep in contact with the NC studio? Or are they working on completely separate things?
    Playstation Network ID: kanno41
    Xbox Live Gamertag: kanno41

Questions for Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Beast! View Post
    you just want to hax us
    On the contrary, I am an aspiring college student and my dream job is working at the Insomniac studio, either in Burbank or Raleigh. Knowing what you all use would help me ensure that I am qualified for my desired position.
    I\'d rather be a Lombax.

PSN ID: Zantor64

The Lunar Observer fan podcast

Re: Questions for Insomniac

Ahh the fresh sight of a new topic <3

I added descriptive text in the OP\'s links for easier navigation/reference.

And you had to cut off my question, making it more difficult for it to be answered. :roll:
    I\'d rather be a Lombax.

PSN ID: Zantor64

The Lunar Observer fan podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Zantor View Post
    If I may boldly ask, what kind of computer hardware and software does Insomniac use at the office? Windows, Linux, or Mac OS? I see mention of Autodesk, so that answers that question; what other tools of development are used besides Autodesk Maya? What Web browsers, email clients, and word processors do you use?

Again if I may boldly ask, what kind of hardware do you all have? Do you have prebuilt machines (e.g. HP, Dell, etc, or "black box") or hand built machines ("white box")? What kind of networking hardware do you use? Considering the size of the network, I would think Cisco Systems. Do you have a render farm? A render farm is a cluster of computers dedicated to rendering final 3D graphics, such as polymodels and levels.

I don\'t think anyone can answer all of these questions right off, and I\'m not expecting all of them to be answered. I was thinking to throw it out there. Much thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast! View Post
    you just want to hax us
    I didn\'t want to split the two posts and merge it into this one because of the time-thing.

Why did we start a new thread about the same topic? it doesn\'t make sence to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardRAndCFan View Post
    Why did we start a new thread about the same topic? it doesn\'t make sence to me.
    It is tradition to end Community and Question threads at 100 pages. The original thread is locked and a new one generated.

Every 100 pages, we make a new thread.

Same with the CT when it gets to 1337 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    Every 100 pages, we make a new thread.
    This is for very active/popular threads like the Q-to-IG threads. It makes it easier to search for and it keeps the tradition.

As stated though, the CT is every 1337 pages.