Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Upcoming games?

So the Sag-Aftra strike is going on and Insomniac is one of the companies being targeted. Not here to talk about that though, rather what are I-21 through 24?

http://i.imgur.com/HB6vWSX.png

Insomniac codenames their games while in production, with Disruptor being I-1 I think, so looking at their list of upcoming/released games on Wikipedia, we can see that I-21 might be Slow Down, Bull.

http://i.imgur.com/EzX6gnI.png

That can't be right because the strike is supposed to be affecting games that went into production after Feb 17 2015 and Slow Down, Bull released in April 2015.

So assuming Insomniac only codenames "bigger" releases, we can determine that some of these games .... have already released? Like Ratchet & Clank PS4 and their VR titles? How can the strike affect already completed games? Unless there's some kind of DLC coming that features voice acting ? (doubt it)

So what do you guys think? Given that they released a ton of games this year alone, and the strike "probably" only affects games still currently in production, what could they possibly be working on now that already has contracted voice-work?

Spider-Man potentially. The Unspoken maybe. Mystery Game 1? Mystery Game 2?

The 'I' could also refer to games that are still in production and still secret to the public. Hence why their titles aren't listed.

Also, this'll all unfold by itself.

Also, didn't Vitti or Beast! mention a while ago (unrelated to this subject) that voice-acting is done in another recording-studio of another company? Or something along the lines like that?

Huh. A new Ratchet would be codenamed RCPS42 or something like that, and Spider Man is already known the public. So either these are all VR titles, or one of them is a new Ratchet but they haven't revealed it yet.
    Last edited by weasel188900; 23-Oct, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

Well one of the things mentioned was "unknown projects" where they had to sign up for something without knowing the character or even the game so possibly stuff so far off no one knows what they are?

I feel that part doesn't apply to JAT, Kaye or Ward. All three are veterans of Ratchet and Clank, and JAT and Kaye are very vocal fans of the series, JAT streamed R&C16 and has merch of the series and interacts with fans, same with Kaye and Ward did a little bit of promotion.

I doubt they are working on a new R&C this fast. R&C PS4 benefited from being the first real R&C game in a while and in a time where the industry needed something like it. I really hope they wait a few years till we get another one I think a new R&C game in 2019 would do very well.

Regarding this ridiculous strike, I command IG for saying no. These demands are unfair and frankly disrespectful to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by hamood View Post
    I doubt they are working on a new R&C this fast. R&C PS4 benefited from being the first real R&C game in a while and in a time where the industry needed something like it. I really hope they wait a few years till we get another one I think a new R&C game in 2019 would do very well.

Regarding this ridiculous strike, I command IG for saying no. These demands are unfair and frankly disrespectful to the developers.
    Expectiong for 2019? Do you hate us? I hope for maybe late 2018, but do indeed give next year the year off. Especially with all the content that has been discovered as left out in the remake.

Just some background.

Long before a game enters production, long even before there's a theme / world set / etc, the Tools / Core departments need an identifier whenever they bootstrap a new project. The thing is, the intention to create a new project does not reflect release order. For example, I-8 is Resistance: Fall of Man while Ratchet: Deadlocked (Gladiator) is I-9 because Resistance started waaaaaay back.

The project codes aren't used much by other departments so they're a bit hard to get when poking a few of our friendly admins/Insomniacs here, but they're still relevant when there's work done before a project has anything that can identify it.

Sometimes, a game has alternate codes too (If I remember well, I-14 also having NC-1) which adds to the fun (confusion). :P

Now, we (moderators/super-fans) haven't done the exercise of keeping up with the new releases/codes since Outernauts, so we have no reference points (yet) on where I-21 could even be.
    Last edited by Cron-Z; 24-Oct, 2016 at 05:15 AM.

Very interesting and true, Cron-Z. NC-1 I imagine was All 4 One because it was the first game by the North Carolina team?

Still you're completely right.

If I recalled correctly, though, the strike applied to games that have long since come out as well (like Team Fortress 2), probably to prevent voicing any DLC or changes.

Dont quote me on this, though. I've done some voice work, including games, but I'm not SAG so I know as much as you. And were I SAG, there's likely a gag order in place anyway.