Crash Bandicoot returning?

Spoiler: Uncharted 4 spoiler-ish

So Uncharted 4 has a mini-game where you can play a semi-remake of the original Crash Bandicoot (only the boulder level with a scoring system and control tutorials) it could just be a neat throwback but the rights for Crash are owned by Activision and not Naughty Dog or Sony, well they could've just got the rights for this one throwback right? But Activision is apparently not mentioned in the credits at all meaning it could be possible that Sony now owns the rights to Crash and are planning to make a new game to try and solidify him as the official Playstation mascot.

I'm curious as to how they would make Crash for this generation, the old Crash games I feel are too vague and basic for modern gaming and the later games really turned a lot of people off of the franchise, my guess is that they will do something similar to Crash Twinsanity or Jak 1 and have a semi-free roam game where you explore multiple levels without loading screens and you have to get collectibles by exploring the world.

What do you think?

Speaking of which I've never actually played a Crash game before? Should I get it on PSN or wait until the possible Ps4 reboot? I like Sly and Ratchet and the first Jak so that might be up my alley.

It would be cool but I don't think it will ever happen. Activision knows the value of the Crash IP and they won't give it up without charging an arm and a leg for it. If Sony couldn't even afford to have Crash as a guest in PS All-Stars then they sure can't afford to buy the IP outright. Plus it's not like the PlayStation brand is really hurting for mascot platformers, and they generally don't sell very well anyway nowadays.

It would be one of those "Sony wins E3" moments if they announced a new Crash game, but beyond that, I don't see the expense of buying Crash justifying the return, it's not like most gamers are going to buy a new Crash game en masse even if they are nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by MonBeeb View Post
    It would be cool but I don't think it will ever happen. Activision knows the value of the Crash IP and they won't give it up without charging an arm and a leg for it. If Sony couldn't even afford to have Crash as a guest in PS All-Stars then they sure can't afford to buy the IP outright. Plus it's not like the PlayStation brand is really hurting for mascot platformers, and they generally don't sell very well anyway nowadays.

It would be one of those "Sony wins E3" moments if they announced a new Crash game, but beyond that, I don't see the expense of buying Crash justifying the return, it's not like most gamers are going to buy a new Crash game en masse even if they are nostalgic.
    Activision have tried and failed to reboot it and haven't released a game in 7 years, surely the value has depreciated by then especially after scrapping the game they had planned around that time, also getting crash into a PS exclusive has just happened, see spoiler tags so the PS all stars example doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel188900 View Post
    Speaking of which I've never actually played a Crash game before? Should I get it on PSN or wait until the possible Ps4 reboot? I like Sly and Ratchet and the first Jak so that might be up my alley.
    DON'T get Crash 1 first if ever, 2 and 3 are alot more fun and have the ability to save when you want, Crash 1 is unnecessarily tedious by today's standards.
    Last edited by Rabid Moustache; 9-May, 2016 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Moustache View Post
    Activision have tried and failed to reboot it and haven't released a game in 7 years, surely the value has depreciated by then especially after scrapping the game they had planned around that time, also getting crash into a PS exclusive has just happened, see spoiler tags so the PS all stars example doesn't work.
    Was it actually Crash? I figured it was just a lookalike.

If I were Activision I would not sell Crash unless I knew I was wringing every last dollar out of Sony's pockets.

Activision to send Cease and Desist shortly.