Page 1 of 189 1231151101 ... LastLast

PS4 General Discussion

Last edited by De'Za; 20-Feb, 2013 at 04:16 PM.

"A nightmare for some.
    For others, as a saviour I come.
    My hands, cold and bleak, it's warm hearts they seek."

Darn, I just logged in to post this and as soon as the page refreshed I saw this thread :/
    but OMGOMGOMG

Hmm, so what do you guys think this is all about? I know they literally just said about a week ago that they wouldn't be talking about next gen until Microsoft did... but I still have a feeling this could be about the PS4.

Anyways, super excited!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomSquishy View Post
    Hmm, so what do you guys think this is all about? I know they literally just said about a week ago that they wouldn't be talking about next gen until Microsoft did... but I still have a feeling this could be about the PS4.

Anyways, super excited!
    I think its about the PSPGO/ PSPE2000
    (trololol)

If it is the PS4, hopefully it doesn't have a 600$ price tag and is released next year. Just feels too early for to come out yet due to all the games this year. I would expect it to be a bit more quiet once the system comes out.

Gif by crashcandyness on Tumblr

Too many rumors floating around for this not to be the big moment we've all been waiting for. Where there's smoke, there's fire, right?

It's pretty much impossible to exaggerate how excited I am for the PS4. I don't expect it be as big of a leap as PS2 ---> PS3 was, but that's not a bad thing in my eyes. I really like a lot of what the PS3 does, so I expect its successor is going to offer a similar, but refined experience. The biggest change is probably going to be in the user interface department. I imagine you'll be able to run multiple apps simultaneously so jumping between activities will be much more seamless. And hopefully they'll find a way to cut out all the software updating they've gotten so much grief for.

Makes me wonder how they're going to support the PS3 after its successor is out in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    1) The next PlayStation home console launches November 2013 at $349 USD for the most basic model.
    3) There will be Uncharted and inFamous sequels on the PS4 (or whatever it's called) by the end of the year.
    4) Sony launches a Facebook-esque social networking service for gamers alongside the next-gen PlayStation.
    6) Insomniac announces a new Ratchet & Clank game for the PS4's "launch window."
    9) Media Molecule announces a new IP for the PS4.
    Starting to feel really confident about these predictions!

Think we'll see another tiered release though, so I predict the standard model that everyone wants will be $399.

I am excite.

Insomniac Games - North Carolina
    Associate Designer

Rumors around the new controller and the "Share" functionality have me PUMPED. Streamlined gameplay sharing FTW!

1) The next PlayStation home console launches November 2013 at $349 USD for the most basic model.
    Oh man, I hope not. Just sounds waaaay too early to me, with some of the titles coming out this year. Maybe early/mid 2014, but this year. Yeah, just feels too rush.

Gif by crashcandyness on Tumblr

....Too poor for Next Gen. :P I am really excited but I hope it isn't out til 2014. Would suit me a lot more. And my PS3 is still kickin' .